Classical Tibetan texts
...for the digital age
Tsadra Foundation is delighted to introduce a new series of digital books and apps on Tibetan Buddhism. We are launching this exciting venture with the bilingual and Tibetan iPad editions of Jamgön Kongtrul Lodrö Tayé's encyclopedic masterpiece The Treasury of Knowledge. These digital publications are the result of years of research and development exploring how to use emerging technologies to create a bridge to the most important texts for the study and practice of Tibetan Buddhism. The Treasury of Knowledge will be followed by other significant collections from the Tibetan canon.
These publications open the door onto a rich new world. We invite you to join us in exploring it!
The Treasury of Knowledge
This application provides access to titles from The Treasury of Knowledge, a unique encyclopedic masterpiece by Jamgön Kongtrul Lodro Tayé, comprising the entire range of Buddhist teachings as they were preserved in Tibet.
APPS IN THE MAKING
The Five Dharmas of Maitreya
This app brings a bilingual presentation of the Five Treatises of Maitreya along with commentaries from different Tibetan and Indian traditions. It also provides cross-references for inter-commentarial comparison and analysis.
Coming in 2014.
The Treasury of Precious Instructions
This application provides access to Tibetan titles from The Treasury of Precious Instructions, compiled by Jamgön Kongtrul Lodro Tayé, and it contains teachings, empowerments, and instructions related to the eight practice lineage of Tibet.
An Abhidharma Collection
This app brings a bilingual presentation of a number of Abhidharma texts and commentaries, such as The Treasury of Abhidharma by Vasubandhu, The Gateway to Knowledge by Ju Mipham, and other relevant Abhidharma materials.
Coming in 2014.
The Treasury of Sutras and Tantras
This app brings a Tibetan edition of The Treasury of Sutras and Tantras, published by Lama Tharchin RInpoche. It contains a synthesis of pith instructions collected from Longchenpa Rabjampa's writtings.
OUR NEW BOOKS AT A GLANCE
Navigate the apps and books using intuitive panels, bilingual visual maps, textual outlines, overviews, clear tables of contents, and more...
Color-coded text for commentaries, root verses, interactive headings, and citations creates a unique reading experience.
Read the translators' introductions, notes, synopses drawn from the commentaries, and much more...
CLEAR LIBRARIES AND VIEWERS
Easy-to-use libraries provide access to entire collections of books. Organize your books with filters and remove or restore your books from the cloud, anywhere, anytime.
Your books are always with you when you need them!
FREE APPS WITH FREE UPDATES
Download free apps from the Apple Store, and enjoy free content and free previews of articles with the option to purchase books at affordable prices.
With your purchase, we provide free updates for all your books through Apple's Automatic Push Notification service.
Start downloading and exploring our free apps at the Apple Store!
for Kindle, Google Play, & iBooks Stores
In addition to the enhanced books and apps for Buddhist studies, Tsadra Foundation is also delighted to introduce in 2016 a new series of Tibetan Buddhist ebooks for Kindle, Google Play, Apple iBooks stores, and other desktop eBook readers. We are launching this series with the print Tibetan collection from the Tibetan Tsadra Publishing.
Tsadra Publishing (Sean Price)
• The Collected Works of Khenpo Gangshar
• The Collected Writings of the Great Yogin, Saraha (including all the existent Sanskrit poems, all translations into Tibetan, as well as the outlines and abbreviated meanings of Tibetan masters)
• Mipham’s Dzogchen Doha together with the commentary of Khenpo Gangshar
• The Final Testaments of the Vidyadharas, and The Illuminating Lamp: An essential instruction pointing directly at the nature of mind in accordance with the oral instructions of the old realized ones, Mipham.
• The Collected Writings of Khenpo Munsel
• A Collection of Commentaries of the Ganges Mahamudra, Karmapa Rangjung Dorje, Sharma Konchok Yanlak, and Kyabje Trangu Rinpoche
• A Collection of Texts Concerning Monastic Discipline, Karmapa Mikyo Dorje, Karmapa Theckchok Dorje, Situ Tenzin Nyinche, Kongtrul Rinpoche, Khenpo Rinchen Dhargye, and Choje Karma Thinley
• The Mandala of the Sun, a General Presentation of the Oceanic Teaching of the Dharma—the Ground, Path and Fruition, Togden Karma Chogyal
• A rare commentary to the third Karmapa’s Distinguishing Mind and Wisdom by his disciple Sherab Rinchen (the famed author of Rangjung Dorje’s hagiography)